Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Alfredo Smith
8:50 PM

A few days ago, I went shopping with Jessica during the tax-free weekend thing. My mom let me borrow her credit card, and I bought stuff! I actually went shopping! I bought 2 shirts (technically 4, as each outfit consisted of an overshirt and an undershirt), 3 pairs of pants, and some socks. Other purchases included a 50 pack of blank CD-Rs and a 256 MB SD card. Figure two shakes from Braum's in there, too.

I did spend some of my own money, though. After a small venture at Goodies, we headed to GameXchange, where I proceeded to purchase Mortal Kombat: Deception for the Gamecube, in anticipation of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for the Wii/PS2/Xbox.

When Deception was first announced, I was really hyped for it. I really wanted this game! Then the game came out, and I never got it. I rented it a few times, but that was it. Still, it seemed very awesome. 2 fatalities per character, stage fatalities, classic characters, Puzzle Kombat, Chess Kombat, and a single-player adventure that was Konquest mode. The game may not be the best fighter out there, but there's loads of kontent (haha) to make up for it. It's a good game. I think I can actually get people to play this game with me, since I'm still new at it, and the chances for instant kills with the death traps makes me a beatable opponent. The same, sadly, cannot be said for Soul Calibur II, or even III. No one will play me in those games 'cause I own with Cervantes. =[

In other news, I've also been playing Killer7, which I purchased used from Hastings for a measly 5 dollars! And it's the Gamecube version, too! Hastings has no faith in Nintendo, as the PS2 version is 25 dollars more. The PS2 version is also the inferior version, due to it's longer load times, worse graphics, and worse controls. Haha. Man, I friggin' love this game! I rented it back when it first came out. This game has seen a lot of hatred due to it being so "different." But man, it's awesome. The story is unbelievable. The twist at the end is so cool! Gah! <3

Alter Ego


This is an awesome scene from one of the later chapters, "Alter Ego." It's actually the final "boss fight" of that chapter. It features "The Handsome Men", a parody of the Power Rangers, yet a popular terrorist group in the world of Killer7. This is a good video to demonstrate the different personalities of Harman Smith. It shows each member of the Killer7 duking it out with a member of The Handsome Men. All the fights are predetermined, though. Also, the guy playing in this video has a seriously under-powered Dan Smith, as I owned Handsome Blue with one shot. :P As you can tell, the game is really weird.

Encounter


Now, here's the most disturbing scene in the whole game. It presents a clear contrast to the very silly scene with The Handsome Men. Here, Curtis Blackburn, and assassin who deals with organ trafficking, confronts his old partner in the business. Curtis is a sick old man, and is referred to that many times in the game. Curtis and Pedro took orphans for their organs. I think Pedro took the guys and Curtis took the girls. So Curtis lives with a bunch of orphan girls, then harvests them for their organs, and hangs their bodies on hooks under his pool. Yeah, sick crap. Don't worry, though, Dan takes him out, "Trying to die in style? Gimme a break you sick old man."

Another interesting note is that Curtis trains a girl to be her apprentince and aid him in his sick little business. The girl is "Ayame Blackburn" and she's apparently a big fan of anime, as she wears an anime doll mask on her head and speaks in Japanese, likes to give off a flash intro whenever she introduces herself to the Killer7. It's kinda funny, but kinda disturbing.

I'd post another video or two, but I can't find one of the ending, which is one of the most beautiful endings ever in a game or any media.

I'd also post a clip of Samantha Sitbon abusing Harman Smith, but I don't think that'd be in good taste :P
Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:
Killer 7 was actually pretty cool.. the mexican wrestler reminds me of Nacho Libre..
The encounter was sick
 


Anonymous Anonymous said:
you know what? we need to have another full fledged geek party with the whole original crew back together.... we should start making plans since school is starting again soon and it will be harder to work out a day to get together... anyway.. just an idea
 


Anonymous Anonymous said:
i dont really have anything to comment about since im not into those games or movies, but it just seemed like the cool thing to do! i wanted my name next to those two cool guys ;)
 


Anonymous Anonymous said:
you need to update and post your ideas for the party and all that stuff.. keep it up to date... since its been 3 days now.. and no info about a party whatsoever >=[
 

Post a Comment
<< Home
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 August 2010 December 2010 July 2011 August 2011 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 January 2013

Powered by Blogger