Wednesday, July 11, 2007
lol Microsoft (E3 Conference)
2:58 AM

'kay, Microsoft's E3 media event thing was going on earlier last night. Neat, huh?

When it started, I had a moose of a time trying to watch the conference. Originally, I was going to stream it on the Interwebs through Gamespot, but have G4 as a backup. It turned out to be the opposite...kinda. Gamespot's feed wasn't working for me. I tried Xbox.com and that didn't work for me either. So I decided to tough it out and go with G4, fearing for commercial breaks...and they happened (but mostly during the least important parts of the conference). During these breaks, I discovered a working feed on 1up.com, so I'd alternate between G4 and 1up when commercials came up on TV.

But anyway, onto the conference itself...Uh...I don't remember much and I'm too lazy to look up everything, so I'll just comment on the stuff I remembered.

Rock Band
Hellz yeah...'cept the camera focused on the players rather than the gameplay footage. And I XD'd when Peter Moore accidentally hit the pause button. XD XDDX DXKJFLAKSDjfasld;kfj; lolz. But yeah, can't wait for this game. Need more info, though. Hopefully I'll get that later.

Scene It
Don't care.

Resident Evil 5
FINALLY, we get something new on it...but they didn't even show the full trailer! I have to wait for the 26th to watch it all? Pretty lame? But IMO, this was the best part of the conference, since it was something new and not lame like...

Puke Green Halo 360
WTF? And it's only got a 20 gig hard drive? Lame lame lame.

No Price Cut?
Not that it matters to me, 'cause I already own a 360, but I was expecting an announcement here 'cause of the PS3's recent drop in price.

Assassin's Creed
Neat. I've been looking very forward to this game, if you couldn't tell from my previous Assassin's Creed post. Seeing the actual gameplay, though...kinda discouraging. Framerate wasn't very smooth, and the animation wasn't as beautiful as I've heard. Glitchy, too. I lol'd when a dead enemy got stuck in the air. But climbing crap looks awesome. Hopefully they'll fix all this stuff once the game releases...but I'm a little worried, since it's supposed to be released later this year. I'd be willing to endure a delay to make the game run smoother.

Call of Duty 4
Looks awesome. Public multiplayer beta? Sign me up.

Gears of War PC
Looks VERY awesome. I was like, "HOLY CRAP" at the framerate. A smooth 60 FPS, man. Pisses me off that I essentially traded in my PC for a 360...not like my PC would've been able to handle Gears anyway. ^-^; No announcement of this new stuff coming to 360? I'd gladly pay for it...

Beautiful Katamari
Just hearing Peter Moore say it made me gleeful.

No tattoo?
Damn it, Peter. Pull down your pants and show off that Metal Gear Solid 4 tattoo on your ass!

Uhh...

Halo 3
...cool, I guess? I'll probably get it 'cause I had fun with the multiplayer beta. But I've never been much of a Halo fan.

Blue Dragon Demo
Oh, wait, this wasn't part of the conference...oh well...it's available on the 360 Marketplace now, and I am downloading it.

Other stuff not part of the E3 conference...

Guitar Hero 3
Shown off on Attack of the Show prior to the conference. Still looks like crap. The effect shown when successfully hitting a notes doesn't look satisfying at all. All the effects look pretty unimpressive. Battle mode looks kinda cool, though, but still... It's obvious Harmonix isn't involved in the game. Luckily, there is Rock Band. :D
Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 August 2010 December 2010 July 2011 August 2011 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 January 2013

Powered by Blogger