Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Only four more days...
12:08 AM

'kay, as you all know, I'm lazy, so I'm just gonna try and do a quick recap on what I did during my "tourist days."

I already talked about the awesome hotel in Bohol. After our one-day stay there, we went sight-seeing. Wasn't all that great, especially since my camera had no batteries, so no pics, sorry. Use your imagination. We went to the Chocolate Hills. The cool part here was the huge stairway I had to climb to get up there...I had to actually sit down and rest at one point...But if you wanna know more about the place, don't read this. Just read the Wikipedia article. Remember, I'm lazy.

After that, we saw some butterflies...yeah...some butterfly conservation place or something. Ran by some Australian chick or somethin'. Oh yeah, there was this one white dude in a green shirt that we saw at the Chocolate Hills...and again at the butterfly place. Cool, huh? I took a picture of him on my camera phone. Yeah.

Then after that, we saw a small monkey. Speaking of which, Bohol was certainly whoring this monkey out. There was loads of monkey merchandise in all the gift shops all over Bohol. And it was all the same stuff, too. I'm tired of this damn monkey.

Then we went on some kinda floating restaurant. It was just a boat with tables, chairs, and food. There were a lot of people there, though. It was neat, I suppose, but I didn't like the food (same, old Filipino food -_-).

Then we went somewhere else. Oh yeah, we saw a big snake at some place with chickens. Yeah, I'm being really vague, huh? Doesn't matter. Wasn't really that interesting, 'cause the snake was like...asleep or something. I saw a white guy here, though. Not the same white guy from before...but I also ran into the second white guy again at some gift shop a ways after that. I guess they were all falling the same tour schedule or something.

After that, we went to a cave. It was boring.

And then, we went to this beach, and I didn't have fun, 'cause I didn't know we were going to a beach. I was prepared. I had long pants on with sneakers and socks. I obviously couldn't wade on the shoreline, but I had to to keep up with my family. My pants and socks and shoes got soaked. That was uber lame. But at least it was an actual beach, with white sand and clear water, unlike the crap beach that was in Negros (that's how you spell it).

After that, we took a boat to Cebu, and stayed in a hotel there. Not much to comment on here, 'cept the hotel was worse than the one in Bohol 'cause you had to pay for WiFi...but it was bigger, and had a kitchen and too bedrooms and bathrooms...but no free WiFi = phail.

The next day, we went to a mall. I just walked around, trying to find a place that sold DVDs so I could buy House and watch it for the remainder of my trip. I've only got a few episodes of Season 3 here, and I've watched all them once, and a few of them twice (though I did get to download the Season 3 finale while in Bohol...man..that was a crazy episode). Unfortunately, most of the videos sold here are in VCD format...which I'm pretty sure are all pirated. There were a few real DVD box sets there, but it was for crap like Friends and 24...though I did see Batman TAS box sets, but I wasn't in the mood for them.

I did get to go to this badass arcade there, though. Actually, it had multiple arcades. But they all used the same card (here, you had to pay for a card to use on the games, and the card had a certain amount of money on it, so you just had to swipe the cards for for every game you wanted to play). I, unfortunately, didn't have much time here. I got to play Time Crisis 3 and Ghost Squad (which is soon coming to Wii). Too bad Ghost Squad didn't work correctly cause someone had ripped off a part of the gun that held the "action" button, so I couldn't rescue hostages). I also got to play GuitarFreaks, the arcade game I had been waiting so long to play. To summarize...Guitar Hero is so much better. GuitarFreaks is the original guitar rhythm game from Konami. It's your standard Bemani game, buncha weird Japanese songs, you get a chance to play through three stages of songs on one play-through. The guitar was crap, though. I was too fat, and too heavy, and it only had three fret buttons. The songs were lame, too, 'cause I could barely hear the guitar part when I was playing. I'm aching to play Guitar Hero now...

And...now I'm back in Iloilo. Yep. Only four more days 'til I leave for home. Well, five more, if you count today. Actually...wait...I don't know. I leave on the 10th. In four days, it'll be the ninth...so I guess five days still? I don't know. Whatever.
Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 August 2010 December 2010 July 2011 August 2011 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 January 2013

Powered by Blogger