Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Neh-GROSS
12:05 AM

Okay, here we are, a week into the trip, and we've reached the worst part so far. For us kids, that is. We are in Nehg-rose, today, or rather, "Neh-GROSS", 'cause it sucks big time here. This is the place with the beach that's ****ing disgusting. The sand is dirty, and there's dog poop everywhere. I don't even wanna think about what's in the water. The beach houses here suck, too. There are the usual huts, with ants everywhere, and flies buzzing all over the place. No air-conditioning in those huts. And then there's the beach house I'm in right now. Ants everywhere, flies buzzing all over the place, but air-conditioning. Plus the whole place reeks of that nasty Filipino water smell. Ick.

My parents seem to be having a good time, though...'cause they grew up around here. Me and my sisters, though, have been an afterthought throughout this whole trip. I previously talked about the disadvantages of us not knowing the Filipino language. There's other stuff, too. Like last night, we were under the assumption that we would be sleeping in our own rooms at one of the houses here. WRONG. Instead, the adults drag us to this damn beach house so they can get drunk. Obviously, they weren't gonna let us drink. We instead, had to sit here on this small bed with nothing to do but watch House, but we couldn't even do that 'cause the adults were too damn loud. Seriously, it seems like Tagalog, or whatever the language is called, is an "angry" language 'cause it sounds like you're pissed off whenever you're talking. Eventually, we had to sleep here, which was a bitch to do, considering how loud those drunk Filipinos were all night. And, no, there was no room separating the bed from the rest of the room. There's only two rooms here, and one is the bathroom. So we had to sleep in the same room as the drunken Filipinos that didn't know when to STFU when other people are trying to sleep. -_-

And I've got another day here! I'm just gonna stay in the air-conditioned, fly-ridden beach house. I don't wanna walk on that ****-covered beach. I'll just build a fortress of fans in here to keep the flies away from me. Seriously, believe me, there are LOTS of flies in just this one room. Lemme take a minute to count a few...I count at least nine. I'm sure there are more, and if someone opens that door, the fly population will continue to increase. Ugh, it stinks in here, too!

And after tomorrow, we're going to Cebu, which is a big city...mall and hotels and stuff...'cept we're not going to the mall or stay in a hotel. We're gonna take another friggin' boat to my dad's place. The place I've constantly referred to as "the jungle." Okay, looks like this week is going to be the ultimate suck week of the trip to the Philippines. Lame.

Speaking of boats, we had to take from Iloilo to Neh-GROSS. We had first-class tickets on some small ship thing...and that was a disaster. First class didn't seem very fancy, though I guess its first class by Filipino standards. And when we finally got to our seats, everything was all ****ed up. Someone was in my seat, which was a window seat that I wanted. And someone else was in someone else's seat. And I tried to explain the situation to my mom, but she wouldn't have it, and then all the adults with us went through some long, complicated organization of tickets, that didn't end up doing anything. I had no idea what was going on 'cause, of course, I don't speak the language. So I had to sit in some lame seat next to a seat-stealing biz-niz. I didn't even get to sit next to the window. =[

So, I guess I should be glad I'm old enough to appreciate how much the Philippines really sucks. Now I know better than to go again. I really wish I had stayed in Paris.

Oh yeah, I also hate it how the adults try convince me to do things with faulty logic, as if I were a little kid. "Come join us outside, it's beautiful!" Psshh, my ass. "Your sisters are having fun outside?" Hah, I doubt it. They hate it here as much as I do. And their reasoning for coming out to the beach house at night was, "We just need to walk." I pretty much accurately called their desire to get drunk right when they said that. -_- Us Americans are too smart for these folk. :P
Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 August 2010 December 2010 July 2011 August 2011 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 January 2013

Powered by Blogger