Tuesday, June 05, 2007
J.R. watches movies! - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
12:02 AM

Yeah, I finally got to watch this movie, right here in the Philippines, at SM City Iloilo to be exact (it's a mall). I guess I'll take a bit to describe my experience in this theater.

The theaters were on the top floor of the mall. They had maybe around 8 or so theaters showing different movies. The usual suspects here: stuff like Shrek, Spider-Man 3, and of course "P1RATES OF D CAR1BBEAN." Yes, those are ones. I guess they ran out of I's. ...and T's and H's and E's. And I guess 3's, too.

The theater itself was pretty damn big...'cause it's a mall theater, and Dead Rising tells me they are big and awesome. It was also air-conditioned, which is a big plus here in the 'pines. It was also dark. Really dark. I never understood why movies portrayed ushers with flashlights...now I do. So I couldn't really tell how big the theater was 'cause it was so dark. I found myself a seat in the center. Then soon, some guy and his lady friend decided to sit right next to me, even though there a million other empty seats in the same row. He brought with him a pizza or something. That's another thing, I guess it's okay to "sneak" in food from other places in the mall. I guess it's not really "sneaking" them in anymore.

But anyway, the movie. I missed a little bit of the beginning. All I saw was a bunch of people being hanged and some guy saying "The song has been sung." Oh yeah, they introduced some more plot points. >< I was hoping they'd just finish the second movie without adding more to the plot, but oh well.

Oh yeah, SPOILERS, btw. I'm too lazy to back and edit this, even though I'm doing it all offline in a text document 'cause I don't have 'net access right now. I just don't wanna interrupt the flow of my movie impressions.

So the movie's not feeling really epic right now. The setting is all dark and stuff. Then after this stuff, everything is too bright when we go to Jack and his exploits in Davy Jones's locker. This is where things get iffy with me. The third movie is a bit too cartoony for my tastes. Yes, this is a Disney movie, and I argued for the second movie that "it's supposed to be cartoony," but it just got ridiculous here. Jack never hallucinated in the previous two movies, at least I don't remember him doing that. Maybe he's just doing it now 'cause he's dead, but it just seems really silly. The mini-Jack's especially. I could deal with the many-Jack's and the goat, 'cause it was funny...but the mini-Jack's were unnecessary and seemed too out of place. The crabs were great though. I love crabs. ^-^

Anyways, stuff happens yadda yadda yadda. I'm in some ways pleased and displeased with how they dealt with my favorite POTC characters in this movie. Barbossa, my favorite character, is back. And he's still awesome. That pleased me. Davy Jones (yeah, he wasn't in the first movie, BUT HE'S CAPTAIN CTULU!) is back, too...but not as badass, though I suppose he does more killing in this movie...'cept for most of the movie, he's under control or Lord Beckett, which is the opposite of badass, so that neutralizes the badassitude (that's Zac's word, btw) of Davy Jones. That displeased me. Norrington is back, too...but he's not a pirate anymore and he dies, and he dies in a stupid way, killed by a retarded fish pirate. I was displeased with that. I already talked about how I didn't like Jack's hallucinations, so I was sorta displeased by that. So if you can't tell already, my favorite POTC characters go as follows: Hector Barbossa > Davy Jones > PIRATE James Norrington > Jack Sparrow.

And like in most "epic" movies, the main female is a slut, getting it on with all the main male characters. Slut. SLUT. She even got some from Sao Feng.

Speaking of Chow Yun Fat, I was disappointed that the Asian pirates didn't play a bigger role. But I was pleased to see other pirates, too, like black guys, and that ridiculous French one. XD

Speaking of eckses and dees, the movie was funny, which is good. I like the humor in Pirates. Good stuff. XFD @ the telescopes. lawlz.

And umm..what else...oh yeah, that one Calypsso lady turning huge and stuff. That was just dumb. Luckily, she redeemed herself by turning into a bunch of kawaii crabbies. :D

Final epic battle was pretty cool. I actually really liked the fate of Will, though I was hoping he'd turn into an awesome fish thing like Davy Jones. I didn't stay to watch the scene after the credits, but I hear that Will doesn't turn into a fish monster, and he is released of the curse 'cause Elizabeth wasn't a slut for 10 years (surprising). How lame. I was hoping Elizabeth would stay a slut, and Will would come back as an awesome fish guy (maybe a not-stupid-looking shark, like Jonathan Jones from Super Mario RPG), and pwn her for being a slut.

I think the series ended well, though it's clear to me that At World's End is my least favorite in the trilogy. My preferences with the trilogy go like this: Curse the Black Pearl > Dead Man's Chest > At World's End...cool, huh? I still liked At World's End, though.

The whole trilogy was pretty weird, though. Why exactly were the pirates the good guys? That doesn't really make sense. Oh wells.

Here's hoping Disney makes a new series: Ninjas of the East. It'd be like POTC, but with ninjas, and in an epic finale, the pirates and ninjas finally face off in an EPIC BATTLE. Whoever wins, we lose...or something like that.

So yeah, I rate At World's End a "nice/10."
Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 August 2010 December 2010 July 2011 August 2011 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 January 2013

Powered by Blogger