Sunday, June 18, 2006
A "smashing" day
3:14 AM

Well, it's 3 AM and I'm not exactly sleepy yet, so logic tells me I should update my blog.

There was a Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament yesterday at GameXchange. I woke up early for that. Eventhough the tourney started at 1 PM, I woke up at 7 AM, just in case. Man, I am NOT used to being up so early. I felt really ill when I got up. I was hungry, but my stomach didn't want to take anything in. There were a few times that I felt like vomitting would've been a good idea. It was horrible. I guess I should start getting used to getting up early...but it doesn't help that I'm still awake at 3 AM. I stupidly took a nap yesterday at 5 PM, then woke up at 9 PM (to a phone call) and I wasn't tired anymore. Gah. I hate naps. They ruin everything, but they feel so good to take them...

I left for GameXchange at 12, to get there a bit early. I looked around and viewed some of my competition...a lot of them were little kids. :\

Jessica called me and met me at GameXchange. She gave me a box of computer stuff to give to Heath. She had just recently got a new computer, but it isn't working properly. In fact, I spent most of the previous night with Jessica...at Heath's, as we tried to get the compy fixed.

Jessica wanted to look at a Genesis...I tried to convince her to just wait for the Wii, which will be able to play Genesis games (via the Virtual Console), but she didn't listen to me, of course. ^-^

We met Cody there...what's his last name? I think it starts with an "F." Then Jordon showed up. Then Dillon showed up. The rest of the competition started to show up. Still, most of 'em were kids. There were these two freaky guys with beards that were competing. Adrian showed up late. He didn't even sign up prior to this, but he still got in.

Anyway, the tournament started. Three matches were to go on at once on three TVs. The area which the tournament took place was a small corner of the store. Not a really good place to spectate games, so I wasn't really paying attention to the fights going on. I did notice that there were a lot of Marth players. Bah. When my first round came up, I felt really bad. I was up against this little girl with a cast on her arm. WTF? Well, I'd hate to say I totally owned her, but I did. =[ Sorry, little girl. Good game, though.

During the second round, I got a freebie and didn't have to fight. I automatically moved onto the third round. Unfortunately, I would not advance beyond that. During the third round, I faced Jordon. We were pretty evenly matched. It was the stage that really threw us off. Damn Termina Bay! I had a lead at first, but he caught up to me. Eventually it came down to one life each. I got stuck under the laboratory platform and my participation in the tournament ended there. It was a good fight, and I enjoyed it, but I was sad that I didn't get to advance, and was even sadder when the final match (it was a three-way fight) was ALL MARTHS! UGH! They needed a Samus in there to break up the fight. ><

Wanna know who won? I don't know who won. Jordon got second place. I didn't win. That's 'bout it. Afterwards, me, Dillon, Adrian, and Cody decided to go to Adrian's house to have our own little tournament. Actually, there was no bracket involved, just a bunch of free-for-all 4-player matches. That was fun.

When I got home, I was sleepy, so I decided to take a nap. I had this dream where I got a 5th generation iPod on eBay. So what do I do when I wake up? I answer my cell phone 'cause Jessica calls me, asking if I won the tournament. Pshh. Then I get on my laptop and search for iPods on eBay. I spot a few auctions, and I ask Nick to bid on them for me, since I lack the eBay account and the eBay experience. He failed to get the final bid on the first auction, and the second auction got too high for me. Damn it, why does everyone want iPods? They suck! I just want one 'cause it goes together with my Macbook and DS Lite. :P Oh, I also lost my own digital audio player, so I want a new one...and not one that sucks.

I got my dwarven hunter to level 10 in WoW.

Whoa, they're showing Mask of the Phantasm on TNT! I wanna watch it...but I've already seen it recently and it's on my computer anyway...but I'm not sleepy. My parents want me to go to church today. Think I'll do it? I doubt it.

Heh, you notice how there was no transition between topics there? Yeah, I'm no writer.
Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:
so who won?
 

Post a Comment
<< Home
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 August 2010 December 2010 July 2011 August 2011 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 January 2013

Powered by Blogger