Monday, June 05, 2006
"Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby."
1:01 PM

Wow, it's so much easier to update my blog now. I just woke up and I can make an entry about a dream before I forget it! ...unfortunately I've already forgotten it. =[ But the potential is there for future dreams.

Let's see. Oh yeah, Project Graduation.

I arrived at the Paris High School parking lot around 11:30. We weren't able to bring anything in but our car keys and cell phones, so I couldn't show off my MacBook to my friends. Also, if we returned to our cars, we wouldn't be able come back to the event. I'm not sure why these rules were set in place, but whatever. I retrieved a mandatory glowstick (blue) for unknown reasons and entered the gym.

I was met with lots of candy on the tables and some pizza. I hadn't eaten much all day, except for a hamburger and some fries at the Neighborhood Cafe many hours earlier. For some reason, I just wasn't hungry that night. I would eat, though, for other reasons. ^-^;

In the actual gym were some inflatable...uh..attractions: some sort of obstacle course, a mechanical bull, and one of those thing in "American Gladiators" that you hit each other in with giant Q-Tips.

In the "other" gym were some other games, but I didn't go there much. There was some sumo wrestling thing with body suits and some other games that resembled a few temple games from "Legends of the Hidden Temple."

I really didn't participate in these games. I did the obstacle course thing, which was cool, though I lost my keys in it. There was also the Q-Tip thing...and I got sick after that. I wanted to vomit. I NEEDED to vomit.

I proceeded to the restroom, into a stall, where I attempted to vomit. I was unsuccessful because there was nothing to vomit! I had to eat something first. So I got a single slice of pizza, reluctantly ate half of it, then returned to the restroom for a job well done.

I, for some reason, signed up for the "Paris Idol" Karaoke contest. There were like...5 contestants in all, and I don't think any of them were serious about competing (except for maybe Taylor...). I had decided to sing "Superstar" by the Carpenters. I was very nervous when I got up there, and to be honest, that was my first time to sing Karaoke. My voice was all shaky, and I kept making exaggerated body movements, as if I were drunk (which, according to Natalie, people thought I was ^-^;). Apparently, many people enjoyed my act, even more so than the performances of the other contestants, because when it came time for the audience to "vote", I got the largest cheers. However, I only one second place. Taylor one first, most likely because she could actually sing or something. Whatever, I got my 15 minutes of fame. Heh, afterwards, people even told me I should've won, "you were gypped", "it was rigged", "sing for me", and silly stuff like that. It was cool.

Leslie and Taylor asked me as I stood out there why I would do something like this, especially since I'm usually very quiet. I didn't give them an answer then, but if they want an answer, they should read my blog. I did this whole silly karaoke stunt because this was probably the last time I'd see many of my fellow classmates. I wanted to leave some sort of impression on them, a great, fun memory of me. 'course, they might just forget about the whole thing, but I still think it's pretty cool. Yeah. Yup.

After the whole karaoke affair, I didn't do much else. I can't think of anything that I did. I got 5 dollars for something.

Oh yeah, the hypnotist guy. There was this hypnotist who "hypnotized" a few of our classmates into doing and saying silly things. It was quite amusing, but I'm a bit skeptical of the genuineness of the whole thing. It seemed too elaborate and drawn-out to be real. I'm thinking it was all planned before-hand. And if hypnotists can really do stuff like that, man, I wanna be a hypnotist. Let's just say that if I were one-- well, nevermind. That's not appropriate. :P However, despite the questionable circumstances on whether it was real or not, it was highly entertaining.

After that...I dunno. I guess we cleaned up and stuff. Each remaining participant of Project Graduation received 80 dollars. No laptops or anything like that. =[ I was hoping to win another one. ^-'

Then it was over. The End. Not exactly the most exciting night/morning of my life. Where the hell were the video games? Pshh.

The graduation festivities were not over yet, however. The remaining night would be the night of my Graduation Party...
Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:
i definately thought you should have won... btw you said one a couple times instead of won.... anyway it was pretty fun
 

Post a Comment
<< Home
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 August 2010 December 2010 July 2011 August 2011 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 January 2013

Powered by Blogger