Saturday, May 20, 2006
Banquets and Bandages
8:45 PM

Yesterday was the Band Banquet. They have one of these every year in high school to celebrate the band-related accomplishments of the year and the senior band members who have stuck with the program for so long.

The one last night was the only one I've attended. Of course, as a senior, I was an honored guest. It was pretty interesting. It was nice that I actuallly got some recognition for something. I got some award/prize for looking like Elvis (eventhough I don't think I look at all like him). I also got a 20-dollar gift card for Hastings. And...uhh...my section of the senior PowerPoint presentation had the most pictures. It was neat. I was hopped up off caffeine prior to the events. I was hyper. Nick thought I was doing "something else." ^-^;

Then after that was the, uh...after party. I was still caffeinated and ready to party, but when the actual party began, I met my arch enemy: dancing to hip hop music. >< Ughhh, I can't do that. I just feel like a moron, and I am a moron, because I shouldn't be afraid of looking like an idiot. Everyone else looks like an idiot, too! I should be afraid of NOT looking like an idiot. But...man. Yeah, I was a loser. I hardly danced. There was one point where I went crazy and hopped around and stuff and pull a Ric Flair ("Wooooooooooo!"). But, other than that, yep...boring. I did get to see Heath's motorized bicycle, though. I got to hang with Natalie..for some short period of time. I technically danced with her. She suggested I continue the party at my house. Man, that would've been so awesome if I could. BUT NOOOOO, I couldn't, 'cause that's not right and a parental was at home. Boooo.

So I left the party, still a bit hyper and I REQUIRED more socialization. So I called Kara. Bah, she's talking to her boyfriend. I called Jessica. Bah, she comes up with some excuse to leave the conversation. I call Keith. Nooo, he doesn't answer (though he calls back later, but I'm not at the phone at that point).

Then I went to sleep. It was around 11 PM when I did this. I woke up again at 4 AM. Maybe it was the caffeine that was still in my system, but I just couldn't go back to sleep. I couldn't help but grind my teeth at angry thoughts of crap like the stupid prom. I was too frustrated and angered to go back to sleep. So I stayed up doing something. I forget what exactly. I think I was watching cartoons...

Then I woke up again at 11 AM...then I went back to sleep. Then my mom woke me up at 2 PM to take my medicine. Then I woke up again at 4 PM. My day today was horribly boring. The Internet was down! I had nothing to do! It was really really hot in my room! I couldn't stand being in it (it still is hot). So I set up my Gamecube in my parents room and unlocked a few more characters in Smash Bros. Melee. Then after that, I was bored again. I had nothing to do with the Internet down...

I've come to another realization that I am in need of the following things: a more exciting hobby, a girlfriend, a job. Meeting these objectives will allow me to live an easier, more fulfilling, and less boring life. Let's get to work on that, 'kay? I'm thinking about motocross as a hobby. Wait, no, that's expensive, complicated, and dangerous. Bah, I'll think of something. I kinda want a motorcycle, though.
Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 August 2010 December 2010 July 2011 August 2011 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 January 2013

Powered by Blogger