Sunday, April 30, 2006
Horror
10:48 AM

Well, I've finally got my DS games. I turned my room and my sisters' room upside down trying to find it, then later Sabrina (one of my sisters) comes into my room and hands me the DS case, saying it was under my mom's bed. WTF? What the hell would it be doing there? My theory is Susana (my other sister). Everytime I see her playing my DS, she tries to hide the fact that she's playing. So she's always hiding the DS and the games because she doesn't want to get caught playing it, and she wouldn't confess to where the games were when I inquired about it 'cause she's stupid and likes to not tell the whole story all the time. >=[ So I wasted all that time looking for that DS and my room is almost more of a mess than it was before.

I think I got my mage to level 18 in WoW.

Keith and Ariel invited me over to their house to watch The Amityville Horror. Keith stopped watching and left to go see another movie at the theater, probably 'cause he was too scared. :P The movie was kinda scary, but mostly because of "pop-up scares", which I hate with a passion. I don't think they're scary at all, just really surprising. At the end, I thought it was a crappy movie 'cause a lot of it didn't make sense or certain things weren't explained. At least in the Silent Hill movie, everything was explained, except for Pyramid Head and the odd ending.

After that, me and Ariel went to Hastings to rent the English version of Advent Children. After watching the movie and actually being able to understand WTF is going on, I realize that it's a boring movie, aside from the awesome fight scenes. And it's really confusing if you hadn't played and finished the game before watching the movie. The DVD came with a "Reminisce of Final Fantasy VII" which basically went through the whole game, showing actual in-game footage of all the conversations in the game, except the dialogue was in Japanese, so it was all subtitled. So I had Ariel watch that to kinda get what was going on.

The English voice acting in Advent Children isn't bad at all! I thought it was perfect. Seriously. Tifa and Aerith sounded a bit off, but it wasn't as horrible as most anime dubbing. And I don't know why everyone's complaining about Cid's "cowboy" accent. I think it's hilarious. Barret sounds almost exactly like how I imagined him, with a hint or Mr. T. Okay, maybe I didn't enjoy Cait Sith's Scottish accent that much, but it was bearable since he spoke very little and I'm just gonna guess that it's just Caith Sith's voice and not (Final Fantasy VII spoiler) [Reeve's] (end spoiler). Reno and Rude were perfect. Kadaj sounded like a whiney boy, but that's kinda what he is anyway, so it fit him. Loz was funny and his grunts sound exactly like his Japanese counterpart, which is what I loved about him (other than his cool hair). The lip-syncing wasn't bad at all, either. And since you didn't have to focus your eyes on the bottom of the screen, you could actually watch the movie, instead of reading it, and I caught a few thing that I didn't catch in the Japanese version. All in all, I think it was a good Japanese-to-English conversion.
Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 August 2010 December 2010 July 2011 August 2011 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 January 2013

Powered by Blogger